Tuesday, June 29, 2010



#5

Lomo Lubitel 166B


My first 120 camera added to the blog! Dave Savino, a colleague of mine, heard about the blog and asked if I would like the Lubitel to use. I told him sure!


I was shooting Fuji PRO400H. I like its saturated colors, and how it holds up so much better than Kodak in low light situations (in my opinion).

The camera is really easy to shoot with. Focusing is by guessing, although there is a circle in the viewfinder that seems unchanging when I change the focal distance on the lens. Is this supposed to do something, or is it there for aesthetics? Well, one roll through this camera and I didn't figure it out. If it is used to focus, that's awesome, however, the distances on the top lens ring worked well enough for me to take a roll through the camera and get some good results. Keep in mind it might take a roll or two to get used to the focusing, if in fact this circle is supposed to help. Good thing is, it isn't needed.


Also, be sure to carry around a light meter with you if you don't already. This has a good range of shutter speeds, and a decent range of apertures, so use a light meter to your advantage. If you are like me, I take a bit longer setting up a shot with 120 than I do with 35mm. Maybe because its a little more expensive and a little tougher to get developed where I am.


I was thinking that this camera would produce some pretty heavy vignetting like other cameras produced by Lomo, but it actually turned out to give some pretty clear shots, maybe slightly wide angle and losing a little focus in the corners. After all, it is on the cheaper side as far as 120 TLR's go.


Check out some other shots and my flickr site here.

If you want to loan me a camera to shoot with for a month, I will send the camera back to you with all the shots I took. The only cost to you is shipping hte camera one way. Please take part!

No comments:

Post a Comment